Saturday, February 21, 2009

We're All On A Planet That's Revolving and Evolving

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake."

From LAYER CAKE (2004)



And welcome to my blog, THEKNIGHTSWHOSAYNI. For those of you who already know me and who may have already read some of my work, this page may come as a shock. I will warn you that this blog is going to be me...uncensored...unapologetic...and probably unedited.

On the pages that will follow, I will write and rant and share and vent and ponder and possibly piss off a few of you.

I'm going to talk about my passions. I'm going to quote movies and songs and tv shows and say what's on my mind. I'd like to think that I might be able to make you laugh every-now-and-then...or maybe even make you think about a thing or two.

But if that doesn't happen, then I'm okay with that. I really am. It's like tv folks. If you don't like what you're seeing...or hearing....TURN THE CHANNEL. It's a free country. Well, it's a free country until the robots (or monkeys-whoever wins that battle) take over.



Let's take this journey together. And see what happens...


"All right, settle down. Settle down... Now, before I begin the lesson, will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you...."

From Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983)

1 comment:

  1. i wanted to be the first to comment (of course).
    I am looking forward to following you along in this new adventure and am, as always, behind you 110....

    love,
    your fawn*

    ReplyDelete