Wednesday, January 30, 2013

James Stewart in Alfred Hitchcock's 1954 Rear Window




Feeling a little like Rear Window's L.B. 'Jeff' Jefferies these days. 
Sure. He had a broken leg and was in a wheelchair. I'm in a back brace and walking with a cane. There are similarities though. 
For the most part, we're both restricted to a single view. He with his large window and the telephoto lens of his camera. I have my plasma television and my remote, which allows me to many more views than Mr. Jefferies was able to see. I could even see his, over his shoulder, if I wanted. 
I don't anticipate witnessing any murder. The worst, the most horrible, I could be exposed to, if I so chose, would be reality television. 
Sorry. Haven't seen the train wreck that is Honey Boo Boo and have no plans to any time soon. If I want to ruin my eyes and brain at the same time, I'll sniff airplane glue. 

And that's 'Jody' with a 'y'
*Copyright 2013
*All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment