Tuesday, March 5, 2013









1. FIND GOLDEN TICKET.

2. BEAT OTHER CHILDREN
3. WIN CHOCOLATE FACTORY
4. STOP GETTING CREEPED OUT BY THE OOMPA LOOMPAS.
5. MOVE FAMILY IN. 

6. MAYBE SEE AN OOMPA LOOMPA NAKED.
7. LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER 

That of course would be my Charlie Bucket list.

My bucket list is a little different.  

I haven't given it much thought lately. But...you know...there are those times...when you think about all those things you want to do...and whether or not there is going to be time and opportunity to accomplish them.

And...before I go any further...I have to say that this entry has nothing to do with my previous post. Nothing at all. It's just a coincidence that the previous post dealt with my health and now I'm talking about buckets...and lists. 

I can't do much today...I can't even sit at my drafting table...so I'm writing. I'm not sure I'm even saying anything...I just need to do something with my hands...and I don't crochet. I would imagine there are a lot of us out here, writing blogs who can't crochet.

Or write. 
I'm not even sure at this point if I'm a writer or not. 

From Ken Jennings' review of my book MILLIONAIRE BOY: The Adventures of a Game Show Contestant" on his website...where he's selling stuff...because Lord knows 3 million dollars doesn't go far these days:


"...But when he’s not being too jokey, Matzer is a perfectly pleasant, readable writer, good with an anecdote. He’s not overly thoughful, but he’s chatty. He’d be a decent blogger..."

Well. Gosh. I hope I'm at the least decent
For Ken's sake. 

I am not dying. 
Well...I mean...we're all dying a little each day, but I'm not dying as in there is something so horribly wrong with me that I'll be shaking off my mortal coil any time soon.

I have been thinking of about my BUCKET LIST however. 
So...here...without further ado...it is...

1. GET BUCKET!
womp womp wommmmmmp

okay...okay...okay...

OOPS! THERE I GO AGAIN!
Being all jokey.

MY BUCKET LIST
BY J.e. MATZER 

1.  SEE BILLY JOEL IN CONCERT
2.  GO TO NEW ZEALAND
3.  GO TO AUSTRALIA-SEE AYERS ROCK-SEE THE GREAT BARRIER REEF
4.  GO BACK TO THE GRAND CANYON FOR A WHITE-WATER RAFTING TRIP
5.  LEARN HOW TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE
6   TAKE A  MOTORCYCLE TRIP THROUGH THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY
7.  COMPLETE AND PUBLISH MY CHILDREN'S BOOK
8.  COMPLETE AND PUBLISH MY COLLECTION OF SHORT STORIES

How long is a BUCKET LIST supposed to be?
I mean...how big a bucket are we talking here?
I'm going to shoot for two more. Ten seems about right to me. 


9      BUILD A TREE FORT WITH MY TWO STEP-SONS.
10.  LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH MY GORGEOUS WIFE.

Yep!

You read that right. 

There were no parachute jumps on that list. No zip line trips through The Amazon. No swimming with sharks. No meeting the Queen of England or Prime Minister of Wherever or even The President of The United States. 

No offense intended. I'm sure they're all wonderful people but so I am and meeting me should be on their lists.

I never saw the sense in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and I don't think that's what a Bucket List is about...taking on something that scares the shit out of you.  

Parachutes? Sharks? Yeah. I don't think so.

The things listed on your Bucket List should be things you want to do and want to make sure you get done before the mother ship comes back for you.

I don't know. 
Maybe Charlie had it right. Win a contest and a life-time supply of chocolate? As long as I don't have to see one of those orange guy's naked...I'm in.


and that's 'Jody' with a 'y'
*Copyright 2o13
*All Rights Reserved



.....

1 comment:

  1. My bucket list consists of one thing: catching up on all the home repairs. If I could do that, I will die a happy man.

    And then, just as I'm dying, the faucet starts dripping...

    ReplyDelete